HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Imperial vs. Biologic
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 12:34 PM
mmanincor
Spike

Default RE: Imperial vs. Biologic

Kyler,
Of the products mentioned I've only used the Imperial products. I have about 5 acres that were planted last June. The 1st year was very impressive. I got all the seed planted through out the month of June. The seed that was planted June 1st did the best by the end of August I had clover that was about 16" high. I made plans to have it cut. About 5 days later it was mowed down to about 6". The deer did the mowing for me. I called whitetail institute and asked them if this would hurt my plots in any way. There response was a definate NO. They stated that cutting would allow for new leafy top developement. Whether the deer , or I did it was not a concern to them. They did recommend that if I have clover that high in early June to go ahead and cut it. They recommend cutting to 6"-8".They also recommend to fertilize twice a year. Spring and again in late August or early Sept. I did take a chance on not liming. I had a soil ph of 6.3. Planning on putting in 5 more acres this spring. It will depend on when the dozer work gets done. If it gets to late I will just plant rye for this year. Good Luck, Mark