HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - question for all you bowhunters
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Charlie P
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: question for all you bowhunters

I think we need to look at other states with succesful programs.

Many states start Oct 1 or earlier and it doesn't change the deer summer feeding patterns. Other states like NJ hunt until Jan. 31.

Most of the hunting stratagies you read can't be used in NYS because our season is short compared to other states.

The only thing I see that might change is deer going nocturnal, which I don't think will happen.

If it is at the end of bow season you can still shoot 150yrds so why make it difficult for those of us that shoot at the outside 40-45yrds(my self imposed limit is 40). A big from me!
Explain to me how having a mz on the next property or in a tree stand 300 yards from you will stop a deer from walking with in 40 yards of you.

My son shot a doe this year second week of the season(gun) in a heavily hunted area. It gets alot of pressure this deer still walked with 20 yards of us,right before dark right where we have a bow stand.

Deer don't have the option of staying at the Hilton and getting room service because there are a few people in the woods.

I like the idea of an Oct 1 opener because I can't hunt white oaks when their falling,the season isn't open yet. I see piles of sign under these trees and know it's not worth hanging a stand near by,because all of them well be gone by the 15th. I'd love to be able to find these hot spots and hunt it that day,instead of walking away saying "I wish"?