HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - whats your memorible hunt
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 03:51 PM
NCHuntnFever

Default RE: whats your memorible hunt

Sorry for putting 3 but they all are great to me..

Here are three accounts.. In ohio I went out to some public land and ran into some guys walking the road from hunting.. They told me they just saw a bird go up over a hill.. So I decide to try it out in the morning.. I get out there and get to this rock wall by some hills and boom I heard 5 or 6 turkeys gobbling like crazy.. so I head up this hill... had a hen fly up in front of my 2 yards away.. scared the &^%% outta me.. lmao.. Instead of setting up like I should have... lol I stalked to the sounds.. and well they stopped and I got lost lmao... 5 hours later I come out on some guys farm and he gives me a ride back to my truck....lol... But it was awesome to hear all that gobbling..

Next day I went to a farm a guy from the town said I could hunt.. It was windy as heck and it didn't see anything.. but in I got a turkey to gobble back to my call twice... I was happy as heck...

A special hunt to me was a buddy of mine that owned the local archery shop offered to take me hunting.. First time ever anyone has done this.. It was great.. we get out to this corn field up on a hill from a river.. well first thing he dropped me off to hunt the field it was dark and I didn't see a cable across the field road.. down I went... He ragged on me all day about that...lmao.. he went on down to hunt a ridge back in the woods about 700 yards away. I got setup in the field.. heard some gobbling close.. all i called out was a hen.. we both didn't get anything but Him just offering and taking me made it special to me...

Erik