HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Illinois - Crossbows
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Spatrat

Default RE: Illinois - Crossbows

To the person who said if you can't draw back a regular bow ..tuff; You walk a mile in my shoes having only the use of one side. It takes those of us with disabilities more B***s to get out of bed, get dressed and fight our way to our blinds than I imagine you will ever have. If the use of a crossbow allows mwe or anyone else the ability to get out and enjoy a sport we love , who in the Hell are you to tell me that "if you can't pull back a regular bow ..tuff"

Crossbows are no great advantage over a regular bow, the range is generally shorter, they are louder. Deer can still wind you etc. The same skills it takes you to get a deer into range are the same ones a crossbow hunter will need.

Safetyfor kids?? that depends on the kid as in any case. If you feel your kid is ready to hunt with a bow, rifle, shot gun then he's ready for a crossbow. They will all kill in a heartbeat. What's the difference.

There is no legitimate reason that a crossbow should not be used. Generally speaking if a person doesn't hunt it's because they don't like to hunt, its not because they haven't legalized crossbows.