HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Camp
Thread: Deer Camp
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 08:51 PM
soarkrebel

Default RE: Deer Camp

My deer hunting life has been kind of a roller coaster. as a kid my grandfather had a big club of about 10,000 acres before leasing was around. it was a good time probably more for the adults of the time.
then in time the club went and just my grandfather and my cousins and i hunted small parcels of ours and others land.

Then my cousin and i started a club that was more of a party club it was fun at the time but it got old.

then myself and a friend started a little lease club and it got more fun because of the camp fire sessions and just friends having a good time.
over time it has grown to 2100 acres and 16 folks . now i actually camp away from the main camp and my 14 yo son has become the best hunting buddy i have ever had. i have begun bringing other young folks into it with my son and i. watching them learn to enjoy hunting and the experiences that go along with it is the greatest i have ever had.
i enjoy my other members but it is more enjoyable to be able to provide a good clean camp for my boy and other young folks . even though we are not a drinking club i still stay away. i keep areas clear of other hunters so that they have great areas to hunt safely.
heck this year one of the only shooter bucks i saw i had my cousins 15 yo with me. he killed his first buck and it was a unforgetable experience to be with him.

clubs are all different i guess and i put one togather that fit what i wanted and enjoy every minute of it.
now i don't really rough it anymore i stay in a 26' slide out camper with city water and electricity. and i have a 3 bdroom trailer with a big addition next to my camper for other friends that come to visit.

One the things i enjoy the most about deer camp is the cooking. i always have a big steak cook night. we cook steaks over a open fire and they always taste better than any you can get in a restaurant.
one other thing i enjoy now over the past is no hang overs in the morning.

I wouldnt trade what i have for anything else i know!