HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ok, how about ASAT camo?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2002, 01:02 PM
Rangeball
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ok, how about ASAT camo?

Chuck, something wrong with that link. It takes you right back here

I can offer the following testament to the 3 d suit. It was the last afternoon of my 4 days in the woods, and I set up on a clearing below a bedding hillside that was littered with sign of deer leaving their beds to hit a corn field. There were no trees to speak of, so I just sat behind a bush between two trails, and figured I'd get a shot at anything that stepped out. I was hoping for a mature buck, but had convinced myself to take a doe if the opportunity presented itself. Close to sundown, I heard a loud grunt off to my right, followed by crashing sounds. As I turned to see what was coming, a doe was running full bore right at me with an 8 pointer on her heels. She saw me move, and screeched to a halt, as did the buck. He quickly lost interest, and walked away. The doe and I were eye to eye for about 10 minutes. She had no clue what I was, but new she say the bush move. Finally, she took a few steps, and while her vision was obstructed, I had a chance to slightly move my now cramping body to ease the pressure. She stopped, looking right back at me. I then noticed she had 2 fawns in tow, one reason why she was super suspicious. She closed the gap to 15 yards, but couldn't figure me out for nothing. She was upwind of me, and we played this game for 1/2 hour easily. She finally turned to angle on the trail which would put her in my shooting lane, and when her head was behind a tree, I moved just a bit to allow me to come to full draw when the time came. Unfortunately, while I couldn't see her head, she must have been looking my way again, and caught my shoulder movement. She blew, and bounded off a ways, stopped, and stared at me some more before leading her fawns off. She never did figure me out, and I'm confident that with normal camo she would have been gone from the get go. Dissapointing result, but a lot of fun, and the 3 d suit worked flawlessly...