HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with people?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 05:52 PM
dog1
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whats wrong with people?

1dahunter,

I think I know what you are going thru, remember I said I think. I know a young man who also has terrible heart problems, he had to retire very young from federal civil service.

He fishes alot and is quiet good, but rarely see him with anybody. I have offered/invited him to fish with me, but he has never taken me up on the offer and that's ok.

I heard exactly a comment semilar to what you have said. One day me and another friend was at the lake fishing when this man came up in his boat. We spoke and fished on. My buddy with me told me that he wouldn't want to fish with this man because of a very high chance of dieing from his heart problems. Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint myself, but this just hit a raw note with me. I told him that if he was a friend he would take him with him. Lord knows we can all die at anytime, can't worry about what may happen.

I also watched my father stop doing everything he loved because of major heart problems. We used camp at least one week for hunting and another week for fishing every year. After my father had major heart problems he quit going fishing/hunting. I'd ask him to go and his answer was always, "I don't want to be where an ambulance can't get to me if I need help." I guess I was to hard on my father because I told him that was no way to live. He lived 10 years after the first major surgery and had two more operations before he died. The sad thing is, he died not doing what he loved. I would have been honored to take my father with me.

Just someone that thinks he understands where you are and hope that a good friend will come along and stand by you.

dog1