HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY Bowhunters proposal
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Bill Yox

Default RE: NY Bowhunters proposal

I think Im pretty much agreeing with most of you, for the most part. But, I dont want to extend the back side of the season, quite honestly. I feel that theres enough stressed big bucks that drop antlers early, like late November and into December that I just would rather not see the season go any later than it already is. Nothing worse then seeing a great buck shot as a doe, because he no longer carried antlers. Ok, it doesnt happen a great deal, but every time IS a loss, to me. Not much has been said about muzzleloaders concerning primitive, as in no optics, etc, vs inlines with all the accessories. I think most of us MZers use them during the gun season too, let us use the tag then as well. I hate to break down seasons for "us" and "them" when we talk about MZ and bow hunters, gunhunters, etc. Most of us are two or three of those same hunters! As Ive said before, earlier seasons seem ok, the MZ week in the middle IS silly, and for me as a taxidermist, lets not make the season too darned long, it wears me out as it is!!!