HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hard decision!!!!!!! switchback os allegiance
Old 02-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Antler Eater
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hard decision!!!!!!! switchback os allegiance

I think all have given you a decent comparison...it is definitely something you should decide for yourself through hands on experience. It would be best to shoot them side by side, however I realize sometimes that is not possible.

I felt both bows were stabile in my hand even though I consider both of them to be on the short side when it comes to axle to axle measurements.

Sound can be a subjective issue but I felt the Switchback was just a tad quieter even though the one I shot had a quiver on it. Both get a high rating from me in this department.

Hand shock, vibration, buzz, are also somewhat subjective, but in my hand I thought the Switchback was a smidge better in this department than the Allegiance.

I didn't get to chrono the Switchback or the Allegiance but I would not have a problem with the consensus that the Allegiance was faster.

Both bows were suppose to have a 29" draw. On the ones I shot I thought the Switchback might be a little long but again, I don't think that is a make or break issue being that each bow can have minor differences even though they are the same model made by the same manufacturer.

For me, I didn't think the draw on either bow was better than the other, I could get used to both. Same with the grips. I have shot Mathews before and shot it well. As far as the BowTech being slimmer than the Mathews, it doesn't compare with my 03 Ultratec in the slim department. I can adjust to either without major issues.

Unless someone can show me differently I do like the binary system better than the one cam with the long string at this point, but really, I would put a Winner's Choice string on either and that would probably make the whole string issue a moot point.

No one has confirmed or denied the bearing/bushing issue in the Switchback for me, so I don't know what to think of that. I like the fact that the Allegiance has sealed bearings top and bottom.

I would find it hard to believe you could go wrong with either bow. I wouldn't pretend to tell you which one you should buy. I could be happy with either I am sure. I like the all around qualities of the Allegiance. If someone would offer me both but only allowed me to keep one, I would pick the Allegiance if for no other reason than to give BowTech a fair shake in the ownership department. The first three years they were in business they didn't make anything that I liked (I shot the very first bows they ever brought to the ATA show, it was called the AMO show back then) so even though I have owned a number of different bows I have never owned a BowTech. It is probably time I took one for a spin over the course of a season or two.