HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hard decision!!!!!!! switchback os allegiance
Old 02-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Buck Magnet

Default RE: hard decision!!!!!!! switchback os allegiance

I have shot both bows, and I was very impressed with both

Noise. The Allegiance has a very slight advantage over the Switchback here, probablly small enough that most won't even notice it.

Speed. The Allegiance definetly wins here. My sisters boyfriend just ordered a Switchback and the guys at the shop said that they havn't got a Switchback to shoot near it's IBO speed. The best they could do with a SB set at IBO regs was 309 f.p.s, which is 9 f.p.s. slower than rated!

Shock. The Switchback has an advantage here (bare bow vs. bare bow). The Switchback has pretty much no vibration with a very slight kick to the side when shot. The Allegiance has a little more vibration, but it doesn't kick to the side. With a good stabilizer, both bows will be virtually dead in the hand!

Draw cycle. This is where the Allegiance shinned. I heard the Switchback had a incredibly smooth draw cycle, but I just didn't feel it. The Switchback has a fairly smooth draw cycle, but in my honest opinion, it is nowhere near some of the bows known for incredibly smooth draw cycles. The Allegiance has a different draw cycle that takes a little while to get use to, but it is also the absolute smoothest draw cycle on a bow. There are no bumps or peaks at all, it simply loads to peak draw weight quickly, the ENTIRELY smoothly let's down into the let-off! The Switchback seemed to be slightly above average for single cam bows!

Fit and feel.... For me, the Allegiance destroyed the Switchback in this category. I still can't get use to the grip on the Mathews. The Allegiance's grip is different than the 04 BowTechs, but it keeps the same wonderful shape. This is all relative to your personal preferance!

Prices are about even.

Either way, you can't loose. They are both great. But for my money, I will take the Allegiance. It seems to be a much more rounded bow. The Switchback has a few great points (quality, looks, and lack of vibration), where as everything else is just slightly better than average. The Allegiance is well above average in every aspect, but the bow isn't as shockingly shock free as the SB!