HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pellet gun maker, What pellet gun do you shoot?
Old 02-03-2005, 09:27 AM
SifuSkyler

Default RE: Pellet gun maker, What pellet gun do you shoot?

ORIGINAL: DearSlayer357

Gamo Shadow hunter 1000fps .177 cal with scope
Hi all, this is my first post here. I'm Sifu Skyler McConahy of the Jing Chuan Kung Fu school. I am also an avid naturalist and small game hunter. I generally prefer air rifles to firearms (no smoke, no bang, no mess, no cops), though I've been known to break out the .22 and own some rabbits now and then.

Anyways, ah yes, the Shadow Hunter 1000. I have the same model, sporting a 3-9x AO scope. The shadow 1000 is a powerful, accurate, and well made gun (though it is loud as hell, lol). The synthetic stock is at least of as high a quality as most synthetic firearm stocks. I get almost 1000 fps and over 15 FPE with Gamo magnum hunters (the pointed ones). It's so powerful I can put a hollow point pellet almost as deep into my phone book as a .22 rimfire. All in all, a great field rifle.

I also have a 664GT powermaster clocking 700 fps (got it a while back to replace my old 760 pumpmaster. That old dog had 23 ground squirrels under it's belt when it broke, lol), which is suprisingly powerful for a Crosman, and I also have an 8 shot Crosman CO2 pistol at 440 fps. I prefer the Gamo for hunting though. The power and accuracy can't be beat.