HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A fun season ends (pics)
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 03:42 PM
SpringHillFarms
Spike

Default A fun season ends (pics)

We finished our duck season this morning with another fun hunt. I have two ponds on my farm; one is a roost pond and the other a feed pond. We hunt the feed pond once a week and a few hundred come in each time without any apparent regard for their routine encounter with me. I usually have 5-8 hunters there for each hunt.
Below is a picture of a duck blind I have in the middle of the feed pond. I made it last year. It continues to work perfectly. The blind easily holds two hunters, though could hold 3 if need be. It is designed so that a boat can slide underneath and be concealed. It's in the middle of an irrigated corn patch that I flood each November. Most of the ducks that feed there each day roost at my other pond and they fly back and forth to feed in the corn twice each day. In this pic, which I hope you enjoy, my younger brother and son are getting ready to start picking up their ducks.
Here's a link to another pic of us after last week's hunt. I'm on the left and that's my son on the right. Overall we had a great duck season. I'll be draining my pond in about a month so it can dry and get ready to do all again next year.