HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Imposing fees
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Imposing fees

There should be some incentive for hunters to fill a survey out. In the past five years I have had a Fish, Wildlife and Parks personel call me on the phone and leave a message and I only talked to them one time about four years ago. I explained to the lady taking the survey the hours I hunted each game species as I keep a diary of my hunts, when it came to white-tails my hours hunting was more than 40 hours a week from sept. to the end of nov. and didn't kill a deer. I explained to her that I didn't see the "DEER" that I wanted to see because I am very selective in what I take. Some people want to fill there tag the first day and there season comes to an end here and I stretch it out to the last day of the season at times. Thats why manhours hunted a perticular specie doesn't neccesarily reflect the man hours it took for that game specie taken. Some people shoot the first thing they see and others are holding out. The DNR and state biologist can only process data that is provided to them no matter how accurate or inaccurate it may be but we as good hunters really need to start providing it to them. Bobby