HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NOT MY STAND
Thread: NOT MY STAND
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 02:02 PM
hillbillyhunter1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NOT MY STAND

ORIGINAL: Lefty Pa

I think if it's not your stand don't hunt out of it. put your own beside it. Sore spot with me, public land or private multi hunters, guy puts stand in tree ,maybe he never comes back all year and no buddy else can hunt around their rest of year. I had permission to hunt a farm when I was scouting for a very large 10 point, I heard noise walked over and talked to a guy that hunted their before.I told him I would stay out of his area that his stand was in., that's when he told me he had stands all over the place. Well that's when I told him to give me his schedule when he would hunt each stand sence he could only hunt one stand at a time. he did't like that

Am I wrong or not.

LeftyPa

You are wrong in one sense--- . That is you should have never told the guy that you would stay out of the area his stand was in, in the first place (if you both had equal permission to hunt). you still could have shown respect for his area initially and stayed out, but then if you figured out that he wasn't there very much, you could go in with ease of mind and wouldn't have to worry about him saying to you later on "I thought you said you were going to stay away from here". If you hadn't said that in the first place then there would have been no need to ask for a schedule (which I'm sure would be impossible to provide)

I would submit though that a person should TRY not to get in someone else's stand--if possible. It will make you feel like a total a$$ if you get caught w/o permission. plus there are safety concerns about how sturdy it still is. It could ruin your day.....It might also make you uneasy once you're up there thinkin' you might get caught and not be able to concentrate enough on the hunt