HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ruger or taurus handguns
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Ruger-Redhawk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ruger or taurus handguns

No comparsion Ruger all the way.The Ruger Redhawk and Super Redhawks are two of the strongest guns made.Rugers are made here in the USA keeping our money here opposed to it going to a foreign country. Taurus does have a lifetime warranty.Ruger stands behind all their products so you might as well say they have a lifetime warranty too.It's not written that way,however when you buy a Ruger it tells why there is no Warranty Card to fill out.The Ruger Intergal scope mounting system is second to none.I know a guy who has several of the RB's in 454 Casull and 44 Mag. He swears by them. I noticed on a couple of his RB's the scope mounts actually bent that vented rib. That didn't seem to bother him. I wasn't impressed at all with that. That would bother me to no end. My prized possession bent up.I've never owned a Taurus except way back I shortly owned a early Taurus in 32 S&W Long.That's when they were very crude to say the least.They are much better now, then they were 20-25 years ago.Almost exact copies of the Smiths.On another forum someone was talking about the poor service he received from Taurus,. That's the only comment I ever heard about them.I'm not saying the Taurus is junk but it just can't compete with a Ruger.

Ruger Redhawk