HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone own a Ruger 77/50?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Ruger-Redhawk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone own a Ruger 77/50?

I'm still not positive if Ruger is dropping the M-77/50. I asked on the Ruger forum.One reply saying he never heard that but looked in a Ruger 05 catalog. They aren't in there.That's strange since they are still shown on Ruger's site.I haven't located a new catalog to see for myself.I think these Ruger's would have sold well if the were seen and advertised as much as say Knight and T/C to name a couple.I can see not selling them at discount chains but Bass Pro , Cabela's or Shooter Suppliers not selling them is very odd to me.Cheaperthandirt had them a few years back. They appear to be a extemely well made rifle like all of Ruger's products.Years ago Browning introduced a Muzzleloading rifle cap lock. It was call the Jonathan Browning. It didn't last long on the market.I had one and wasn't impressed at all with it.The lock parts were constantly working loose.I traded it off.
Ruger does know what they are doing in the Firearm industry. Apparently they weren't selling enough of these to make it worth their while keeping them in production.If indeed they are dropped I might never fire mine keeping it NIB.Now I see where Ruger is making a Super Redhawk called the 'Alaskan". Either chambered in 454 Casull(45 Colt) or the 480 Ruger catridge.Hummmm? a 2 1/2"barrel that will feel like a bomb going off in your hand.They will come with Hogue Monogrips.Can't imagine why LOL.

Ruger Redhawk