HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shorter ATA Bows?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 10:00 PM
IL Rancher

Default Shorter ATA Bows?

I'm kind of new to the whole bow thing and am getting conflicting advice from the 5-6 obw people at the proshops I have gone to ranging from things from cam style to loops to brace heights and a whole bunch of other things. Most of these I really feel have to do with they are trying to sell me one brand over another or convince me that the brand tehy sell is the best. I can pretty much pick apart that pretty easy. What I am having a hard time over is ATA stuff. I have one guy telling me that at 6 feet I shouldn't even consider a bow under 34 ATA which knocks a lot of bows out there and I have another couple guys telling me that the bows with the parrel limbs tend to be a bit more stable even at shorter ATA's because their riser is longer. Is there anything to this or is this just a sales man trying to make a sale? I am not experienced enough to really tell much when I test shoot a bow. Yeah, I can feel for recoil and listen to sound and see how fast it flies and how smooth it feels but the other stuff.. Is a bit beyond me. Thanks for any help.