HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thought this was interesting...
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 06:14 AM
treehunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thought this was interesting...

let me elaborate on these military chemical suites. Firehawk7309, I can almost guarantee that the one you have is the old type MOPP suit (Mission Oriented Protective Posture). This is a charcaol lined suite used for training purposes only. The reason they are for training purposes only is that they are old, used and worn out. These suites cannot be used in a chemical environment. As far as deer hunting goes, they are probably better than most anything on the market. The new chemical suites are called J-LSTS. These will not let any molecules in or out. When I was in Iraq, on the first day of the war, 20MAR03, those crazy ass people were hammering us with SCUD missles. If you don't know, a SCUD missle is a missle designed to carry chemical weapons. We had to put on our J-LSTS and chemical mask about every 10 to 15 minutes. At that time of the year it is already over 120 degrees. Needless to say it was very hot in those suites. We had what we called a refer van which was basicly a 18 wheeler trailer that was a freezer. You can walk into one of those and not feel a change in temp ( going from 120 degrees to below freezing). Sorry to get off of the subject, but what i'm trying to say is the old suites are not worth a crap. If you can get one of the new ones, which is highly unlikely, it would probably be the best thing to use.