HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Interesting stories of "almost had him"
Old 01-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Theinespines3

Default RE: Interesting stories of "almost had him"

I was deer huntin in a EAB unit of wi and i was still huntin and usin a grunt tube. Well i hear this sound that i think is a grunt, never heard one before, so i stop dead in my tracks and open a can of deer pee. i took a knee behind a stump and hit the grunt tube one more time. Well low and be hold a huge 11 pointer comes trottin in. He comes within 15 yards and well ........ I could not shoot. I did not have a doe tag yet. so i decided to see how close he would get. He came within 10 yards, and i was wearing no cover scents and was in 100% blaze orange. Well the story does not end there

My little bro was walkin the ridge later that weekend, and he saw the big buck like 30 yards up ahead, put his gun up and went to take off the safty, but it was not movin. Picked his head up and saw he had already taken off the safty. The buck saw him though and took off runnin. He could have shot it if he wanted cause he had taken 2 does the day before. Still successful.

He is so lucky, and gonna be bigger next year.......