HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you guys do it????
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 06:54 PM
bowjunkie2

Default RE: How do you guys do it????

For me, I went through a long learning process since I had no one to teach me and that makes every years harvest very special to me now. I was just like you when I started out, wondering how is it that certain guys are always fiiling their tag almost as if there was soming magical about it. At times it was quite frustrating but I kept going out into the woods and through alot of trial and error the pieces of the puzzle began to fit together.

I wish we had puters back then because sites like these are a valuable source of information that can shave years off that learning curve.I guess my success now comes not only from experience but from learning how to interpret the deer patterns and sign I find in the woods.I'm lucky enough to be able to spend alot of time in the woods during bow season and every year it's different and even during the season the deer patterns change ie ... food , pressure , rut etc.

Like the other posts , spend time out in the woods and try to observe whats going on. Look for fresh droppings and the trails that the deer use during daylight hours. Above all ,enjoy yourself.