HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Idahoelkinstructor Help
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Standingpipe

Default Idahoelkinstructor Help

Hi I'm new to Idaho just moved here in Oct. This my first post on this site. I have hunted Idaho 2 times in the past, 2001 and 2002, both times with rifle. I'm an avid Bow hunter and am originally from North Dakota. I'm one of the lucky ones to grow up on a farm with all the private land I could want to hunt close to 4000 acres riverbottom and wooded sandhill. I'm thinking about hunting the panhandle where I rifle hunted before. When I was hunting there I saw 5 bulls that would touch record and one shed that stood taller than I am. I live in Ketchum and don't know anything about the south of Idaho. I havn't figured out the areas and control hunts yet I'm not against buying a resident tag and a second at nonres rate and hunt near here and in the panhandle. I've never hunted Mule deer with bow before and am excited to give that a try. I'm also buying a new bow I've been using the same bow for 15 years an old american challenger It's just too heavy to carry in the mountains. Any advise or help would be very much appreciated.