HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Most accurate 1911 .45 acp
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 04:09 PM
newguy23
Typical Buck

Default RE: Most accurate 1911 .45 acp

No Mercy is correct when he says that Kimber and any other production guns won't match the accuracy of most custom guns out there. But to me the difference isn't that noticeable, you would have to be one hell of a shot to notice a difference with open sights. My point is the Kimber will shoot more than accurate for most sports, other than bullseye, which is a totally different game, you could always have your Kimber modified to play... The Bullseye shooters use various types of optics as well, so most guns (even custom guns) will require some work to be a good bullseye gun. There are a few custom gun makers whom make specific bullseye guns, but I digress.

Your Kimber will shoot as reliably as most custom guns out there as well.

I completely disagree with greg though... I think most people are very displeased with the quality of the most recent colt 1911's... It is a shame, because Colt and 1911 should be synonomous, but that just isn't the case anymore... They are also severly overpriced.

The Sig GSR is a great concept, take the best the 1911 world has to offer in the way of parts an assemble them to make the finest 1911 pistol possible. I have heard some complaints about reliabilty and they aren't selling like hotcakes. I would definately look at them, but they are the new kid on the block without much for a track record. Much like when the Kimber Series II came out... It might take a while to work the kinks out.

If I were you I would stick with a Kimber or Springfield... No Mercy is right when he says you will fall in love with them and probably end up with a custom one some day, but most 1911 owners can't have just one gun.

As for the Eclipse Target, I think that is a good gun, but lacks their best trigger, ambi safety and a mag well, if those are important to you you might want to look at the team match, gold match, or stainless gold match.

Also check out the 1911 forum... www.1911forum.com