HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Some of Gary Alts parting words
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 02:43 PM
germain
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Some of Gary Alts parting words

I can explain that BT.While the numbers on public land have drastically been reduced,the deer populations continue to grow in populated areas with little or no access.This offsets the low kills in the NC and such.Wasn't too long ago the sw and se part of the state had low deer numbers.Now those herds keep growing.Compare harvest rates by counties in the past and present and you can see the flip flops.The only way they'll get the herd down in these areas is with snipers or birth control.If and when they do you'll see much lower harvests statewide.When the figures come out alot of counties or WMU'S will have record low kills,no doubt.And these will be traditionally high harvest areas with mostly state land where the terrain is more suitable for the white tailed deer compared to the populated areas with houses,highways,and asphalt.
But then we'll here about the health of the forests.Give the oaks light and they will grow.I said it before and I'll say it again,if they're so worried about the maples taking over why are they eliminating the animal that eats them?
Simple,there's more to it then we know.