HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY DEER HUNTER SURVEY
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 02:16 AM
moose1915
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY DEER HUNTER SURVEY

biggest problem in my area south of albany is the COMPLETE LACK OF LAW ENFORCEMENT. deer jacking starts as soon as the deer have antlers, and continues till they drop. i can't tell you how many rifle shots i hear in albany county(shotgun only) shotgun and rifle shots in 4j(bow only) and how many semi auto "muzzleloaders " ripping off 5 shot barrages during the late muzzleloader season.

phone calls fall on deaf ears.

i know 4 jerkoff kids who killed 32 bucks in less than 40 days, got caught, and not one even lost a license!! 2 of the 4 were right back doing it again this year, showing the deer off in july, august and september, and NO ONE FOLLOWED UP ANYTHING. i dont need to tell you guys what this does to a deer herd. all thier jacking is done within 10 square miles or so, no wonder we don't see squat. If i catch them, theyre getting thrown a beating like they wont forget.

and unfortunately, some of the worst culprits are the cops themselves. i have friends in LE that tell me how many deer are shot by fellow officers outta the patrol car windows, at night. just for the horns. its disgusting.

so, i dont think we need to change much, except to put some ENCON presence around a lot thicker.

my.02
-moose