HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question for long time bowhunters...
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Lady Forge
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question for long time bowhunters...

I started wearing glasses a couple of years ago after I noticed I was haveing trouble seeing well at a distance... and no contacts dont work for me so I am haveing to shoot 3D and bowhunt with glasses.
In the beginning I was so worried it would be so difficult to shoot well while wearing glasses and I feared it would take forever to get used to shooting with them and feared it would set me back to the point that I thought it would take forever to become a good shooter again.
Well I was way off base... it wasnt for me nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.
I consulted a friend whom is a older gentlemen whom has worn glasses all his life and I studied his form while he was shooting wearing glasses.
I fould all I had to do was learn a new anchor point to start... and thats not an easy feat when you have been shooting the same anchor for so many years it is like trying to learn a new reflex.
The change in anchor point was required... I was looking through the glasses with the old anchor point and the frame of the glasses and the nose pieces were in my view.... I had to learn to turn my face ever so slightly to face the target and this gave me a clear field of view... that was the most difficult thing to it for me. It really only took I would say 3 months until I would draw back and come to full draw as a reflex at my new anchor point.... just takes some training, practice and reconditioning to develop a new anchor point and shoot well.
Good luck and practice well.