HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow & Arrow Speed
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Choctaw-Brave

Default RE: Bow & Arrow Speed

There may be several issues here so I should probably start from the beginning. I recently upgraded to a new bow and I am in the process of getting it setup. My old bow had a peep sight which used rubber tubing to help line it up correctly. However, on my new bow I would like to change to a different peep sight so I can eliminate the rubber tubing. I was informed by the local pro shop that I will have problems getting my new peep to line up correctly without the rubber tubing. They recommended that I wait until the string was broke in and/or stretched (300-500 shots) before installing my new peep. Therefore, I was considering an aluminum loop and/or some sort of nock device that would help assure proper peep alignment. That way I could go ahead and have my tubeless peep installed.

My old bow has a string loop and I love it! My preference would be to keep it. I was only considering a change because of the peep issue. Furthermore, I may have been misleading when I indicated that it moved freely up and down the string. It is snugly tied to the string and maintains a constant nock point. However, it has not been served into the string itself. With a little twisting effort back and forth, it can be moved up and down the string.

Ideally, I would like to keep my string loop but change to a tubeless peep sight. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts regarding this issue they would be greatly appreciated.