HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best 40 S&W target pistol?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 02:22 PM
arobacker

Default RE: Best 40 S&W target pistol?

ORIGINAL: spuddog

Have you looked at the Glock 35? I don't have any experience with it, but I know that it was designed for competition shooting. It might be worth a look if you are not anti-Glock.

Spud
I actually have a Glock 35. It's a 3.78" .45... fun to mess around with, but it seems like more of a combat gun.
I'm very happy with my Para (the new PXT SSP single stack .45) And I'd be happy to stick with the 1911 for my next gun if there's nothing inherently better out there that I've missed... I don't remember who exactly, but it was a gun smith that told me 1911's have a slow lock-up time. It came up because I asked him if a titanium firing pin (like those that Springfield puts in their A1 Loaded models) would improve lock-up time - and hence, accuracy - the way a skeletonized hammer does. He said don't bother becuase of the lock-up time thing, and also that titanium firing pins wear much faster.
Anyway, I probably won't get around to any BE competitons anytime soon, but accuracy is still the major focus. And the 40 S&W choice is merely because I already have a 9mm Beretta 92FS (with a .22 conversion kit), and the Para .45, so I just wanted something with good target sights in a different caliber.