HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scope for a 7mm rifle?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 06:35 PM
newguy23
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scope for a 7mm rifle?

smokem joe... You have no idea what you are talking about.

First off Leupold currently makes the VX-I, VX-II, and VX-III.

For more info go to www.optictalk.com... Those people know a lot of stuff...

Here is some info...

The VX-I is only considered good because it is a Leupold. It has relatively very poor light transmission and does not even have click adjustments, it is no where near as nice as the Bushnell 3200 which it is comparably priced too.

What you should know.

The cheaper Bushnells aren't really that great, although they are probaly more in line with Leupold VX-I... GASP!!! Yes I said that, this is why...

They Leupold VX-I is not multicoated = poor light transmission, has no click adjustments similar to say the Bushnell Banner.

The Bushnell Elite series (3200 and 4200) is really the Bausch and Lomb scope which was bought by Bushnell.

The elite 3200 and 4200 have fully multicoated lenses (good light transmission), have 1/4 click adjustments, and you can get the firefly recticle if that floats your boat, not to mention they are "cheap" compared to the Leupolds.

I have a Leupold VX-II and actually like it a lot... The Leupolds tend to have much better eye releif than the competition. Bushnell is actually very poor when it comes to this. It is a good scope, but really overpriced. You are paying a premium for the name when you buy a Leupold. They do have great customer service.

In my opinion in the under 150 dollar range the Simmons Aetec scope can't be beat... It is fully muliticoated lenses, 1/4 click adjustments, 5 inches of eye releif (one of the best) for aroun $125!

The facts are the facts... Take the name out of the equation and the answers become more clear. There is NO reason to buy a Leupold rifleman or VX-I scope... They just don't offer any features worth anything. If you are considering a Leupold scope the minimum you should consider is the VX-II. Otherwise, think of other more cost effective brands.

Like I said go to www.optictalk.com and see what they say...