HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Proper etiquette question????
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 02:57 PM
nubo
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Proper etiquette question????

Sometime's it's hard to find land to hunt that there isn't already someone hunting, and when you don't have another location to hunt .I have this problem on one of my hunting spot's and it's my favourite spot to boot .This season The owner's son had decided to bowhunt and he made it clear to me that I was still more than welcome to continue to hunt thier property when ever I wanted ,and if I wanted to use his stand's that that was fine as well.
I appreciate the hospitality ,since they could have told me that they didn't want me to hunt there at all this season. So when ever I was going to hunt this spot I would contact him in advance to let him know, so that I didn't walk in on his setup,or be on one of his stand's before he arrived, this is what I'd reccommend for you as well get to know the fellow and phone him in advance to let him know of your intention's to hunt there so that you don't mess him up . This way he'll know your there and you's both can come up with a game plan just in case he had plan's on hunting there as well .When you comunicate with other's it make's thing's a whole lot better for both of you's ,you might even get yourself a new hunting buddy ,That's what happened to me on my favourite spot .I even ask him to join me when i go to some of my other location's ,it sure make's thing's good between us .

nubo