HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Am I just full of c@#% or not!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 01:38 PM
DoninVa

Default Am I just full of c@#% or not!

Over the last 15 years I've went back and forth, shooting a peep, to just shooting a kisser button. I don't see any difference up to 40 yards with or without a peep. When I shot spots, I could see the need for a peep as a couple of points at 60 yards could put you in second or 15th place. I can honestly say, for me, a peep in a hunting situation doesn't offer any pluses and if it's that last 1/2 hour or doesn't turn right will be a real hurt. I realize a good string will take care of the rotation possibilty, but I've heard several guys say "If my peep was a little bigger, I might have made the shot, It was to dark". I might just be full of it but most guys just stick a peep on their bow without giving it any concideration. It's just standard equipement like the rest or sight. I have a brother-in-law who says his peep is like looking down a tunnel and he has to have it. I can't argue with him as he has won about 5 more state championships than my zero[&o], but It doesn't seem to help me. Don