HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Being happy with what you have
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Jerry/Pa

Default RE: Being happy with what you have

I don't think I could be happy with one bow. I need one for hunting,plus a back-up and one for 3-d and target at least. Like Bowfanatic said the resale on used bows are a bargin. Buying a left-over or a one year old bow is how I work it. My hunting bow is a Darton Mav I bought 4 months old w/a custom string for $300. How could I have not bought it? I like to tinker so much that once I get a bow set-up and shooting in the sweet spot I need another one to play with. If need be I'll sell one to get one. I tinker almost to a fault. Thats how I started buying used bow.

I was at my club one day shooting and tinkering. We started playing some shooting games and I was hitting a match cover with three arrows out at forty yards. My head keep telling me I could tweak this bow just a little more so I went home put it on the press and tweaked it a little. The next day I was lucky to hit that match cover at 20 yds. It took me another week to get that bow to shoot like I had it. Thats when I learnt my lesson. I knew I couldn't stop tinkering so I just started on a nother bow. And thus is why I have more bows then I need. My son loves it. He gets my hand me downs every year. I don;t recommend doing it. It's so addicting. Jerry