HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why are bowhunters so much better?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 11:55 AM
silentassassin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why are bowhunters so much better?

You all know where I stand but......

for one more deer per hunter maybe wounded by bowhunters but the actual number of deer wounded is far far greater by gun hunters. Just look at the discrepancies in the number of deer killed in your state by gun hunters verses bow hunters.

for two having come through the ranks of rifle hunting, I would much rather take a 300 yard shot with a rifle that a 30 yard shot with a bow. Everything that can go wrong with a gun can go wrong with a bow plus several others. When I was gun hunting it didn't matter how much the blood was pumping or how fast and furious it got, all I had to do was get the crosshairs in the right spot and squeeze and that was a dead deer. Bowhuting, even if I get the pin in the right spot, I am going to miss if I didn't anchor right, or if I gripped too tight, or if I hit my sleeve with my string etc. At 300 yards I don't have to be worried about the deer seeing or smelling me so I am in no hurry there. I am not even thinking about shooting without a good rest (which I don't have bowhunting) and I am not thinking about shooting unless the deer is just standing there so again no real hurry. Not to mention I have had big deer at 30 yards and at 300 yards and there's as much difference in the adrenaline rush as there is between ice cream and poop that you also have to contend with while bowhunting. I have been there and done both and I will take the 300 yarder everday and twice on Sunday from a "sure kill" stand point.