HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters
Old 01-03-2005, 09:54 AM
1dahunter

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Hey Mite you can bet I will and as soon as the 30.06 gets here I will run it through my own tests and if it does the same thing then I will get serious with them as safety should be there #1 priority. I am hoping that it was just the one gun and not all in that model. I really liked the gun as it was as close to a tack driver as you can get. I took a big doe at 242 yards right in the heart and she dropped on the spot that was verified bt a range finder, funnt thing is It didnt look that far looking through the scope. Easiest shot I ever made. I wasnt told the distance until after I shot. I was sure glad that I had some abled bodied friends with me cause I would never of been able to drag her back to the car. I usually take 3 or 4 of the neighborhood kids hunting cause there parents dont hunt and I feel every kid deserves a chance. I have even gone as far to take them to there hunter safety classes because there parents wont. These kids are great I have not had to correct any due to horse play these kids know that gun safety is #1 and that really suprises me cause I figured teen agers with the I dont give a chit attitude but I dont see that when we are out hunting. These kids are focused and know what to do even making a drive one of the boys told me he had a shot but didnt take it because he would of had to shoot towards where I was standing, these kids are great!. I have taught them all how to feild dress a deer and every time we get one they all want to do it, even the 2 girls that go along. So far I have taught 2 of them how to butcher and wrap. Its really amazing cause you see these kids running around the neighbor hood with there friends and they look like most teens lookin for trouble but when you get em out hunting they are not the same kids responsibility kicks in and they are very reliable kids. Sorry I kind of got off subject. Jimmy