HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why are bowhunters so much better?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 09:36 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Why are bowhunters so much better?

Being one who hunts both with a gun and bow I would not be so fast to say who is better. You obviously have come across hunters that in your opinion were not too skillfull in hunting. That being said I know of many gun hunters that are just as aware of their sent, the wind and the quary they are stalking as bow hunters are.

I started out as (and still am) a gun hunter. I only took up bow hunting as sort of a challange to all of my bow hunting buddies who insisted that they were better because they had to have their deer much closer than us "mouth breathing" gun hunters to get a kill shot. I told them that I did not think there was any difference and that most of my shots were further away because there was no need to have the deer come any closer for a good clean kill shot, and not because the deer would not come any closer if given the chance to do so.

So I took up bow hunting and guess what? nothing changed in my hunting techniques and I still killed deer. You see it's not the mode of hunting that makes any one hunter "better" than any other, it's the hunter. I still hunt with both the bow and gun and have no preference between the two I enjoy both very much and do well with both. As for my methods of hunting, nothing has changed and I don't think they will.

BTW, sometimes I like it when others are making noise and moving about. I have killed plenty of deer when most of the "hunters" are moving in and out of there stands. Making lots of noise thinking that deer don't move during the day and it was time for them to go back to their trucks for lunch and wait for the afternoon to get back into their stands.

It's not the method it's the hunter.