HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why are bowhunters so much better?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Fieldmouse
Dominant Buck

Default Why are bowhunters so much better?

I just need to vent. Went out last Friday for, more then likely, my last hunt of the season . Ran into 3 gun hunters. They where end stuffers. The property is side by side. Their side is being developed. That's why I think they are allowed to hunt there this year. Well I adjusted and went farther into my property then normal, to a new spot. I saw a ton of deer but I picked the wrong tree. I had deer all morning 50 yrds from me walking on trails. I saw two very nice 8 pointers and the rest were Does and bambies. I had full intentions on killing everything that came with in range since it would be my last hunt. Nothing did get close since I seemed to perfectly split the trails and decided to move spots a litlle late.

My other friend was on the same page of shoot what you want. He unfortunately didn't have much luck. He saw one deer a nice 8 pointer before legal shooting hours. He was kicked to him by the end stuffer who was making all kinds of racket getting to and climbing a tree 100 yrds away. That guy clanked all the way up the tree. His buddies came into that section of woods around 8 am, walked 20 yrds and left. Then the noisy end stuffer leaves at 8:30.

This is a place that last year the deer where very thick and never changed their patterns. This year they have changed so much it's unbelievable. I just don't understand people clanking all the way into the woods and up a tree. As if the fact they can shoot 100 yrds should over come their stupidaty. They where certainly able to screw up an awesome hunting spot. I can only hope they won't be back next year.