HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Carbon Express arrows-enough!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 09:28 PM
vERN
Spike

Default RE: Carbon Express arrows-enough!

These arrows were originally made in Minnesota and I used, and sold, a lot of them. They had some quality control problems at first, but got that pretty much straightened out. Then they sold this part of the business to Gametracker and they started coming from Korea and I stopped buying them. Sell mostly Black Vapor now as they are USA made. However, I and my oldest son are still shooting CX arrows. Personally we haven't have any of the problemsl mentioned in this and another post. I have seen some crack around the insert when carelessly pulled out of certain hard foam targets. I've dropped from 300's to 200's due to less draw weight and length (due to old age). I haven't hunted with an aluminum arrow for about 20 years, not that they are "bad" because they are not, but I like the idea of not having to worry about bending them. I think the new Easton ST Axis shafts look good, but don't have any actual experience with thm. They aare NOT as straight as some of the other shafts out there, but for shooting deer ar 20 +/- yds, they should be OK, much better than the wooden arrows I started with.