HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Magnus 100 grn Stinger two blade test results
Old 05-11-2002, 07:42 PM
5 shot
Nontypical Buck

Default Magnus 100 grn Stinger two blade test results

Magnus stinger 2 blade 100 grain head.

Plywood: 5 points
Steel drum: 4 points
Tire: 4 points
Cutting diameter: 3 points
Accuracy: 4 points
Non-mechanical head: 2 points
Blades: 2 points
Total score 24 with a blade sharpness Rating of A

This is a new head from Magnus. It is a two blade model made of Stainless steel. The blade is very easy to replace or resharpen as you prefer. Accuracy is very good, about as good as you are going to get with fixed blade heads. This has a lot to do with the large vents, and modest cutting diameter, along with the quality construction. In the tire the head penetrated very well, getting all the way through the first side stopping close to the fletchings. In the plywood it managed to get through, with about an inch of shaft. This is fairly typical of what most two blade heads do. In the steel drum it went through the first side with ¾ of the head sticking out the back. This is about as deep as any head has went. All and all I was impressed with this head, it is very sharp out of the box, accuracy is great, and it is fairly durable. The only damage to the head was a small hairline crack in one blade after shooting into the steel drum. It was difficult for me to spot, but I always inspect the heads after I finish testing them. The good news is as with all Magnus heads they have life time guarantee, you break it they replace it. The stingers will be compared with the Steelforce heads, just as the Monotechs are compared with the Snuffers. My personal opinion is that the Stingers are what the Steel force heads should have been. Once the product line is expanded I see the stinger line giving steel force a run for their money. Due to the size of this head, it just may be the most perfect broadhead for young archers, women, or anyone shooting light tackle. I know that if my son was old enough to hunt, this would be the head he would be using.