HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 60lb pull good or go bigger?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 08:05 AM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 60lb pull good or go bigger?

It's all about getting a matched set. 60 pounds is fine. If you have the wrong arrow, questionable broadheads etc etc... 70 could suck. IT's not so much about speed as it is practice, knowing your limitations and having all your equipment tuned(including the arrows). Don't get caught up in someone elses stories and preferences. Get your advice from a knowledgeable person who's been around the block a few times and tried all the gadgets. Your profile doesn't state your location. If you let us know where you live there is probably someone around here that can steer you toward a reputable proshop. For example, I use Macrotech Archery in Glen Burnie, Md. They carry about 15 manufacturers, have a super knowledgeable staff and will walk and talk you through everything. They'll set up and let you shoot any bow in the store to get you the right fit. They have all the tools and know how to use them. Len gets bows sent to him from as far away as California and Florida for service and tuning. He's not a mail order place, but for his customers he'll do whatever it takes to make you happy. I'm sure there are such places around the country. HE's the best I've found in 35 years of shooting bows in a half dozen states.