HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Easton vs. Carbon Express?????
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Elkcrazy8
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Easton vs. Carbon Express?????

I had a bad experience with the terminators. I shot an elk 2 years ago with one. I was using that tipped with a phantom broadhead. The elk was at 10 tards and it was a perfect broadside shot. The arrow went right into the sweet spot and burried to the fletches(I usually get pass throughs???) When the elk ran off I noticed that the back leg was acting funny. I recovered the elk within 75 yards but when I inspected closer on the inside, I noticed that the arrow hit one lung and ricoched into the back leg from a perfect broadside shot. Not good any way you look at it. I decided to stick with the arrows and switched broadheads to a muzzy. Last year I had another pass through. My biggest concerns were why did the arrow deflect(80 foot pounds). The broadhead should have cleared the way, and also , why did the arrow break inside the elk and angle back. The arrow had to have broken at the time of the shot for it to angle like it did. This year I am shooting my a/c/c's for elk. We will see what that brings.