HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - every one with opinons!!!!!!!! come on in !
Old 12-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Roost em 1st

Default RE: every one with opinons!!!!!!!! come on in !

ORIGINAL: johnch

S/S 's are for the most part a lot more $$ and for some it's a ego thing , I am hunting with this gun that cost more than your car.
Johnch-
I've met sxs owners the reflect the image you speak of, and I've met some O/U owners that are the same.
And just to clear the air. Hadn't paid more than $575 for any of the ones I shoot.Most were under $400. They are all just shooters and hold no real collectible value...yet. I buy em used and then do a little fixing from time to time before they go afield. Now one day I may be able to cough up the 8,000 Washington's needed for a custom fitted SXS 28 or 410 but safe to say that day is a long way away possibly never. And I'd have to fall into a lot of greenbacks before sinking 5 figures into a gun and it better be nice because I do not believe I'd be married much longer after that purchase.

Gselk- Does your Ithaca have the faint engraving of a pointer on the side? And my neck is fine other than the salt you keep heaping on it from the other thread[&:]