HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters
Old 12-29-2004, 10:51 AM
1dahunter

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Hey Bigkentk Just wanted to let you know that I had the best deer season so far, I filled both of my tags and filled a buddys tags then filled a tag for a man that cant see sure made my year. All together I got 3 bucks and 3 does. I have only been able to get one deer a season until this year and it sure made me feel good. Whats really hard to believe is that I got them all in public hunting areas. I got 3 in one day, it was real windy about 40+ mph winds and sleeting the deer were not moving and there were no hunters out and I found the deer in the heavy pines trying to get out of the wind and it was easy as there were logging roads all through there so I just drove the logging roads and shot from the window of my car. I know where to go during high winds and lousy weather now. The deer arent used to seeing vehicles driving through so they just stood there and stared. I normally dont drive those logging roads as hunters are in there and I dont want to piss any one off but that day there wasnt a soul around so I drove in. I did notice while feild dressing them that you could hear the wind just howling but there wasnt any wind in the pines. I learned something new. Our deer hunting contest is about to come to an end and we are way ahead of every one else we have 6 of our 7 allotted bucks and the other teams only have 2 and some only have 1 and a few teams havent gotten any we are just kickin butt and I love it. Jimmy