HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "00 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 lifted
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 06:15 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "00 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 lifted

I come from Missouri, kansas city actually and yes I know how to build them. I'm talkin smack b/c I think its funny when some guy says "yep i sure like to build'em" but didnt really build anything just slapped a body lift on the truck. It is a nice truck angus just you didnt build anything......... pull that 454 out completely tear it apart rebuild it into a power house put it back in the truck beef up your suspension with a suspension lift change your front and rear gears to accomodate the bigger and add either a spool or lockers in your differentials. Put it in 4 hi and get up to 30 MPH then punch it if all 4 tires break loose and peel out till all four tires are rolling in smoke then you can say you built something.

And to teejay I ran in the platte county fair mud runs for 6 years straight before I left MO and my truck would get through that 200 foot mud bog in 4 or 5 seconds easy. One year I went through so fast I must have got up to 40 or 50 miles per hour when i hit the end I ramped the slope and got some serious air when my truck came back down i was about 40 feet from the hay bails and nearly ran into them.