HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need your vocal and moral su
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 08:21 PM
GrumpyTom
Typical Buck

Default RE: I need your vocal and moral su

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I do not mean to sound horible here, if i am not mistaken, when prepared to shoot with a crossbow you raise it as you would a rifle, and are forced to hold it up as you would a rifle as well.

&quot;My shoulder also has nerve and muscle problems not allowing me to hold up a rife or draw a bow. &quot;

I am only looking at this as the state of colorado would. I sent the e-mail anyhow, but i do not recommend you saying that to the state of colorado, otherwise any legal action will be rined on that basis.
Vegitarian: old indian word for bad hunter
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Deerhtnr, I use a crossbow because I can no longer hold a compound. A rifle or a shotgun kick fairly good. A crossbow has almost no kick. The limb absorbs most of the kick. Also with the limb being vertical, it helps balance the bow making it easier to hold it. Something like a tight wire walker's pole does. There are also devices to help cock the bow for the hunter, but the hunter still has to get close enough to the game for the kill.

A crossbow for a disabiled hunter just gives this hunter the abillity to bow hunt and enjoy the outdoors. I know that I am in Ontario, and crossbows are premitted anyway for any hunter. But without the crossbow, I and many others could not hunt or be able to enjoy the thrill of hunting.

Tom