HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - check out my nifty map!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 08:16 PM
AlabamaDan

Default RE: check out my nifty map!

ORIGINAL: bscofield...What I did was opened to sessions of internet explorer. and put both of them on mapmart.com. I moved to the location of my hunting site. This site uses certain map positions and size that it will default to if your just click to zoom in. Since the topo and the aerial defaulted to the same size, I downloaded them both.
That's what I've done too! I've got the maps down to 1.06 miles. Is that about what you had?

ORIGINAL:...Next is where photoshop comes into play. I took one image and placed it onto of the other one (the topo is on top) and made it 34% visible thereby letting the other bleed through and seeing details on both. There are more programs than just photoshop that do this but I'm not sure what other ones there are by name.
Now this is where I'm lost. I've got Photoshop on my PC, but I've never really used it. I've got the two pics in seperate files. The topo is one bmp. The aerial is another bmp. What I can't figure out how to combine the two. I can't figure out how to add a layer, that menu is grayed out to me. Can you help me bscofield?