HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "classic report" Muzzy 3 blad 100 grn
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2002, 07:32 PM
Big Country
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "classic report" Muzzy 3 blad 100 grn

5 shot, great review as always. I do have a question for you. I have set up more hunting bows than I care to remember, for myself and others. While I personally use thunderhead 125`s, I have tuned in tons of bows with muzzys. I have found that muzzy 100 gr. 3 blade heads are rather simple to get flying straight, just like muzzy 125`s or thunderhead 125`s. Here is the kicker, I have attempted to get thunderhead 100 grain broadheads to fly from probably 50 different bow/arrow combos with very, very limited success! If I get tired of trying, I just screw in a muzzy 100, index the vanes/feathers, make sure it spins true, and bingo...they fly great!
Have you ever noticed this problem? I mean I get these thunderhead 100`s indexed, spinning true as can be, the perfect match for the cam design and poundage, and still no cigar! I have gotten to the point that ehen someone wants me to set up their bow with 100 grain broadheads, I tell them to go get muzzys and come back.