HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ATV advice
Thread: ATV advice
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Pro-Line
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATV advice

I have a Bombardier Quest 650, and it's probably the 6-7th 4-wheeler I've owned...and it is the best. (The John Dee Bucks are actually identical to mine...just $1,000 more) It's smooth and easy to operate. It has D, R, P, L and N settings like a car and a hand shifter like a car...Fully automatic. The 4WD is also on-demand so it is never a burden when turning. It kicks in when the back tires begin to slip. I wasn't sure about this option, but am now in love with it. The price is right, too. They're still just a touch over $5000 here. I bought mine new off EBAY from a dealer around Cleveland, Oh. (If you want info, e-mail me...and NO, I don't work there!)

Depends on what you are looking for, though. I like the smaller size of the Honda's. Those 350 Rancher 4x4's are animals. My Bombardier is 800 pounds and rubs the wheel-wells on a full sized truck when loaded. It's sturdy as hell on hills...up and down or sideways, but it's heavy as a tank and very wide.

I'd drive a few if I were you...They're all made pretty well now. If they weren't they wouldn't be selling any! I am not a fan of Polaris equipment, though. Nothing against them...but they're hard to work on if you have to.