HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa. PGC ,needs to get there act together
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2002, 05:26 AM
cardeer
Boone & Crockett

Default Pa. PGC ,needs to get there act together

If a disabled hunter wants to use his a ATV on Pa. public gamelands ,the Atv has to meet specific Regs.They have to be a certain weight,HP,State inspected ,and have a special permit certification.In order for me to afford a ATV that meets the State Requirements I would have to spend 8,000 on a ATV,thats ridiculous.I dont know many rich handicapped people. In fact some of the guys I know are on SSI and that system dont allow you to have any vehicle and money in back worth over 2000.00.The State wont allow them special motorized chairs on statelands.If you have a certified ATV Then you can get on to gameland road system,but when you want to get further into the woods,thats against the law to go a little off road.What good does that do.I can drive my truck to them areas.Anyother states have such laws.How do you guys get you ATV's loaded and unloaded off your trailer or pickup truck? And do you have to take someone with you?