HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help requested selecting a breed for my new hunting partner!
Old 12-24-2004, 12:58 PM
El Gringo

Default RE: Help requested selecting a breed for my new hunting partner!

Duck Killer,

Flights to Venezuela vary depending on time of year, and of course, on how far in advance you buy the tickets.

Most flights originate out of Houston or Miami with a direct flight into Caracas. An additional alternative is to fly into Miami and then take Aeropostal, a Venezuelan National Airline down to Caracas. They sometime offer some excellent fares as compared to the U.S. carriers and because they're flying into Miami, they're required to meet all U.S. safety requirements. This is especially true since the local currency is frozen against the dollar at an artifically low rate. One can exchange dollars here and easily knock 25% off the cost of something that's priced at the 'official' exchange rate.

I just did a quick search using expedia.com and came up with roundtrip ticket prices out of Miami, in late January (30 days out) and came up with a tad over $400...so that should give you something to go on.

When it comes time to putting a hunting together, you guys need only get to Caracas, the rest of the trip will be on me.

El Gringo