HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Va. Hunters....
Thread: Va. Hunters....
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2002, 12:11 PM
Tazman
Boone & Crockett

Default Va. Hunters....

Well my first season in the Fredericksburg area is over. Man there are a ton of nice deer here, but due to
my move I never really got to scout things out the way I like to, and I only got to build one stand. There
was a place I had permission to bow hunt on that was full of deer, in one afternoon I had 2 nice 6 points
and one MONSTER 8 point in front of me, all 3 out of range. The following afternoon I had a shot at
another decent 8 point, but spooked him. In the course of the bow season I counted at least 80-90
deer and a lot of them were bucks.

I only had 12 acres to hunt during gun and missed a HUGE 6 point, saw a nice 8 point, 12 doe and
finally got a little 4 point.

Any how where I am going with this? Well I wanted to find out who might be interested in leasing some
land down my way to hunt? I have never leased property before, but I am willing to do the leg work to
locate and find the property to lease, I plan on concentrating in the Spottsylvania, Stafford, Culpepper,
and Orange county areas. Of course I could do a lot of the scouting and stand building also. The one
thing I would want to work out is a set of rules, number one being strictly ethical hunters along with
some other rules:

1. No drinking and hunting.
2. No dogs.
3. No illegal deer.
4. If everyone agrees a minimum size on bucks.
5. Total respect for the property owners property.
6. The willingness to accept full responsibilty for any accidental damage caused to a property owners
property.
7. No trash left in woods.

Obviously we would have to work out costs and any other agreements after we all get together. If you
are interested email me at [email protected]

The Tazman