HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2004 buck
Thread: 2004 buck
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 12:07 PM
micdundee

Default RE: 2004 buck

Here is the story. Me my dad and my brother were driving one morning at about 9:00 A.M. to one of our spots. We came over a hill on a section line and saw him and a doe standing about 500 yards off on the horizon. We stopped the vehicle and got the binocs out to take a look at him. Him and the doe trotted over the hilltop and we decided to make a stalk on him. We got out and worked our way to where they were, by the time we got there they were no where to be seen. I glassed and glassed and glassed. So we went back to the truck and were going to head to our spot again. We got to the end of the section line and turned onto a gravel road. About 200 yards down the road my brother spotted him going into a very sparse patch of trees. We stopped again. I got out and worked my way to the trees. I got to the hill where the trees were. I peeked over the top and low and behold there he was with about 12 does. I found a good rest got him in the sights and pow. He ran about 200 yards and fell. I saw the whole thing. The spot we were at was alot of open crp. So I could see forever. I was very happy to say the least. It is my biggest buck to date.

OntElk: I have x-ray vision I can see right through the beanie.